WI: George IV and Caroline of Brunswick have more children?

IOTL they had an awful relationship, hated each other's guts and only had one daughter who died young: Charlotte of Wales.

But what if they had gotten over their mutual distaste enough to produce these children (2, 3, and 4 are triplets):

1. Charlotte b. 1796 m. 1816 Leopold, King of the Belgians b. 1790
2. George V b. 1797 m. 1820 Anna Pavlovna of Russia b. 1796
3. Caroline b. 1797 m. 1818 Oscar I of Sweden b. 1799
4. William b. 1797 m. 1821 Alexandra Feodorovna b. 1798

IOTL they had an awful relationship, hated each other's guts and only had one daughter who died young: Charlotte of Wales.
But what if they had gotten over their mutual distaste enough to produce these triplets
It’s not a completely ASB, although maybe two sets of twins would be more reasonable, (with the second twins being born after an inebriated Prince George, wanders in her chamber) looking like this.

George IV of Great Britain and Hanover (1762-1825) [A] m. 1795, Caroline of Brunswick (1768–1801)
1. Charlotte, (1796-1851) m. 1816*, William II, King of the Netherlands (1792-1849) [1]​
1) Wilhelmina Caroline (1817–1880)​
2) William III, King of the Netherlands (1818–1873)​
3) Prince George(1820–1879)​
4) Princess Marianne (1821-1822)
5) Prince Frederick (1823-1883)​
6) Princess Paulina (1824–1897)​
7) Princess Charlotte (1827-1888)​
2. George V of Great Britain and Hanover (1796-1870) m. 1816*, Grand Duchess Anna Pavlovna of Russia (1796-1865)​
1) George VI, King of Great Britain and Hanover (1817–1890)​
2) Prince Frederick, Duke of ?? (1818–1847)​
3) Prince William "the Admiral", Duke of Southampton (1819–1880)​
4) Prince Alexander, Duke of Peterborough (1822 –1888)​
5) Princess Anne (1824–1899)​
3. Mary, Queen of Prussia (1797-1855) m. 1816* Frederick William IV, King of Prussia (1795–1861)​
1) Frederick William V, King of Prussia (1820-1891)​
2) Louise Marie (1822-1872)​
3) William George (1825-1889)​
4. Prince Frederick, Duke of Kent and Ross (1797-1877) m. 1816*, Princess and Landgravine Marie of Hesse-Kassel (1796–1880)​
1) Prince George (1817-1901)​
2) Princess Mary (1818–1842)​
3) Prince Frederick (1819–1904)​
4) Princess Charlotte (1821–1876); 5) Prince William (1824–1876)​
6) Princess Caroline (1826-1888)​
[A] King George IV, life goes similar to OTL, taking the throne, following the death of his father, King George III, on 29 January 1820 until his own death five years later. He had already been serving as Prince Regent since 5 February 1811, during his father's final mental illness.
The reason for his death in 1825, was due to his excessive living. He enjoyed eating, drinking and gambling more, especially as he left the responsibility of running the country to ministers, his sons and his politically mined brothers.

The sad life of Caroline has been a subject of many tragic stories. Caroline and George were married on 8 April 1795 at the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace, in London. At the ceremony, George was drunk. He regarded Caroline as unattractive and unhygienic, and told Malmesbury that he suspected that she was not a virgin when they married.

In letters seen later on by historians, the prince, writing to a friend, claimed that the couple only had sexual intercourse four times in their marriage: twice the first night of the marriage, once the second night and once more following a drunken night in July 1796. He wrote, "with the first three I t required no small effort to conquer my aversion and overcome the disgust of her person." Caroline claimed George was so drunk that he "passed the greatest part of his bridal night under the grate, where he fell, and where I left him".
In regards to the fourth time, George wrote, “Damn my father for holding that blasted feast. With the alcohol flowing freely, my inebriated mind, wondered to that thing. And if that wasn’t bad enough, she is now pregnant again” While when it came to Caroline’s account, she wrote “It was horrible, he was like a man possessed.”
Both pregnancies took a toll on Caroline, with excessive blood lose following the second set of twins birth.
The press vilified George for his extravagance and luxury and portrayed Caroline as a wronged wife.
She was cheered in public and gained plaudits for her "winning familiarity" and easy, open nature. George was dismayed at her popularity and his own unpopularity, and felt trapped in a loveless marriage with a woman he loathed. He wanted a separation.
George forced her to live at a private residence, firstly at The Vicarage or Old Rectory in Charlton, London and then, she moved to Montagu House in Blackheath.
It was at Montagu House, that Caroline was found dead, resting peacefully in her bed. The cause of death to this day is never explained and she was buried in a plain grave in the grounds of St Alfege Church, Greenwich.
Even after her death, George would not speak of her and ignore all questions about her from the children. He also denied his sons the chance to name any of their daughters, after her, it was only after George IV’s death that Prince Frederick was able to name his youngest daughter, Princess Caroline.

* 1816, became famous for the four weddings, with the marriages being discussed by the Four Great Powers, Britain, Russia, Austria and Prussia wanted to use them as symbols of the alliance created after the Congress of Vienna.

List of some famous marriages taking place between 1815-1818
Prince George of Britain m. Grand Duchess Anne of Russia
Grand Duke Nicholas Pavlovich of Russia m. Princess Charlotte of Prussia
Princess Mary of Britain m. Frederick William IV, King of Prussia
Prince Frederick of Britain m. Princess and Landgravine Marie of Hesse-Kassel
Prince Adolphus of Britain m. Princess Augusta of Hesse-Kassel
Ferdinand, Crown Prince of Austria m. Princess Elisabeth Ludovika of Bavaria

[1] In 1814, William was engaged to Princess Charlotte of Wales, arranged by the Prince Regent.
(But IOTL it was broken off because Charlotte's mother was against the marriage and because Charlotte did not want to move to the Netherlands)
ITTL, with her not being the only child and sole heir to Prince Regent, Charlotte, doesn’t have a choice.
Also Leopold at this point in time was the youngest son of Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and Countess Augusta of Reuss-Ebersdorf, the duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld was tiny and insignificant for a Princess to marry into. Where as, for a consort of a Queen it meant there was no unification of another foreign nation.
The couple had a very loving marriage and having Dutch doctors around her, Charlotte is able to survive childbirth and produce heir, spares and daughters.

[2] Named after his father and grandfather, the birth of the Prince was a celebration for everyone.
Due to his parents relationship and the early death of his mother, the young George would have a very difficult relationship with his father.

[3] Mary, named after being born on 25th March (Lady Day) as well as the last two Queens of England with her full name Mary Anne, is the first of the second set of twins and raised in her sisters household, with Princess Frederica Charlotte of Prussia, Duchess of York, serving as Governess of the Princesses’s Household, and raised Mary to be the perfect Prussian bride.
She would share a many common things with both of them being patrons of artistic, literary and musical interests.

Last edited:

But what if they had gotten over their mutual distaste enough to produce these children (2, 3, and 4 are triplets):

1. Charlotte b. 1796 m. 1816 Leopold, King of the Belgians b. 1790
2. George V b. 1797 m. 1820 Anna Pavlovna of Russia b. 1796
3. Caroline b. 1797 m. 1818 Oscar I of Sweden b. 1799
4. William b. 1797 m. 1821 Alexandra Feodorovna b. 1798

I love this idea! I don't think George IV would consent to one of his daughters being named after Caroline as a first name considering how much he disliked her, so I imagine that either their daughter would be given a different first name with Caroline as one of the middle names (for example, having her named Elizabeth Caroline Amelia), or Caroline would be the first name and George would just call her by one of her middle names (for example, if she were named Caroline Elizabeth Amelia, he might call her Amelia or Elizabeth). For simplicity's sake, and to differentiate between her and her mother, I'll call her Amelia here.

Anyways, I really like the idea. Here are some thoughts I had about it:

Firstly:
TBH, I think a marriage between Prince George and a surviving Princess Pauline of Orange-Nassau (b. 1800) would be much more likely than a marriage between Prince George and Anna Pavlovna. IOTL, George IV initially wanted Charlotte to marry Pauline's brother (future William II of the Netherlands) because he wanted to have an alliance with the Dutch, but Charlotte ended up breaking off the engagement. Here, it would be a lot easier for him (probably Regent by this time) and William I of the Netherlands to just arrange a marriage between Prince George and Princess Pauline (who, assuming she becomes George V's queen in 1830, would probably be known as either Queen Louisa–one of her other names–or as another Queen Charlotte, yet another one of her names) in order to get the alliance.

Secondly:
I like the idea of a match between William and Alexandra (who would be known as Charlotte or her nickname Lottchen here; she only took the name Alexandra when she married Nicholas I), but I honestly don't think it's realistic at all. It's not exactly ASB, but it's highly, highly unlikely to occur. Even though Nicholas was, at that point, only second in line for Russia's throne like William would be for Britain's throne after his father and older brother, Nicholas had a very strong chance at becoming Emperor since his brother that was currently reigning and the brother ahead of him were both childless. William, on the other hand, is a second son almost certainly destined for a career in the military, and his brother would already be married and possibly have a child by the time the proposed marriage between him and Lottchen would take place. And Lottchen was the eldest daughter of the King of Prussia. There is the family connection there, but other than that, I don't really see why Frederick William III would marry his eldest daughter off to the second son of a British monarch when he could wed her to a man with a good chance at being a future Russian emperor. Frederick William would definitely value improving/keeping up relations with Russia more than he would value keeping up relations with Britain; his desire to improve relations with Russia is part of why the marriage between Nicholas and Lottchen was proposed in the first place. And, on top of all that, Lottchen and Nicholas genuinely fell in love with each other during their courtship, so the marriage ended up being a love match as much as it was a political alliance. A better match for William would be Lottchen's younger sister, Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (b. 1803), or butterflying away the death of Charlotte Princess Royal and Frederick I of Württemberg's daughter (stillborn 1798) along with the death of George I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen and Luise Eleonore of Hohenlohe-Langenburg's third daughter (stillborn 1796). An English match for William could also be engineered.

Thirdly:
A match between Amelia and Oscar is another one that I personally think could be interesting, but don't believe is realistic at all. Again, it isn't ASB territory, but IIRC, Oscar's father specifically chose Oscar's potential brides because they had connections to Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian royalty or nobility, since that would help legitimize the Bernadotte dynasty that had just been established and also potentially help with Charles John's goal of eventually uniting all of the Scandinavian nations. A better match for Amelia, IMO, could be her cousin, Charles II, Duke of Brunswick (b. 1804). There is an age gap there, but Charles spent a good portion of his early life in England, and he was put under George IV's guardianship, and I think George would potentially use this match to try and gain control of, or at least have a good deal of influence over Brunswick's Duchy. IIRC, there was a bit of a dispute between George and Charles over Charles's reign in Brunswick once he reached his majority, so you can work that into this, too. (I think that Caroline would also end up encouraging this match, which would probably be one of the very few things George and Caroline would agree on.)

A few other things I can think of off the top of my head:
  • George III and Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz are both overjoyed at having three new (legitimate) grandchildren, which secures the Hanoverian succession even more than Charlotte's birth did. Both definitely serve as godparents for the triplets.
  • Caroline probably gets somewhat better treatment here than she did IOTL since she'll be the mother of a future King here. Not sure how much better the treatment would be, though; it just wouldn't be as bad as it was IOTL.
  • Continuing with the time-honored tradition of the eldest sons of the House of Hanover's kings having difficult relationships with their father (George III being the one exception since his father died when he was eleven), I imagine that George IV and George V would not get along.
  • As I said earlier, Prince William probably has a military career.
  • With George IV having a surviving son that erases Victoria's reign, the personal union between Britain and Hanover stays put.
    • Maybe Hanover ends up as part of the Commonwealth of Nations ITTL, assuming that it ends up existing at all. With the personal union between Britain and Hanover still in place, it's unlikely that Hanover will be annexed by Prussia, which stops it from being absorbed into the German Empire (also assuming that still happens here), etc. If not, Hanover could try and gain independence from Britain sometime in the late 19th century, or any time during the 20th. Sky's the limit here, TBH.
  • Queen Victoria might be butterflied out of existence here - IIRC, the only reason her father and mother were married in the first place is since Charlotte's early death caused a succession crisis, and it put pressure on her father and his other brothers to marry and have children. With George IV having four surviving children, one of whom is about to be married and another who is married with a newborn son (assuming Charlotte and baby's deaths are butterflied away here), that wouldn't be necessary at all.
    • Maybe Albert marries one of George V's daughters here instead? Or Leopold and Charlotte have a daughter in the future, and Albert marries her. Both are possibilities I can see happening since the blood relations are still there.
    • If the Duke and Duchess of Kent do still end up marrying for some reason, Victoria might end up married to George V's eldest surviving son. So, maybe we will see a Queen Victoria here, but it'll be as a Queen Consort instead of a Queen Regnant. She could also marry one of William's sons.
  • On that subject, OTL Leopold II of Belgium is (thankfully, mercifully) also butterflied out of existence, since presumably, Charlotte and her baby with Leopold don't die here.

I love this idea! I don't think George IV would consent to one of his daughters being named after Caroline as a first name considering how much he disliked her, so I imagine that either their daughter would be given a different first name with Caroline as one of the middle names (for example, having her named Elizabeth Caroline Amelia), or Caroline would be the first name and George would just call her by one of her middle names (for example, if she were named Caroline Elizabeth Amelia, he might call her Amelia or Elizabeth). For simplicity's sake, and to differentiate between her and her mother, I'll call her Amelia here.

Anyways, I really like the idea. Here are some thoughts I had about it:

Firstly:
TBH, I think a marriage between Prince George and a surviving Princess Pauline of Orange-Nassau (b. 1800) would be much more likely than a marriage between Prince George and Anna Pavlovna. IOTL, George IV initially wanted Charlotte to marry Pauline's brother (future William II of the Netherlands) because he wanted to have an alliance with the Dutch, but Charlotte ended up breaking off the engagement. Here, it would be a lot easier for him (probably Regent by this time) and William I of the Netherlands to just arrange a marriage between Prince George and Princess Pauline (who, assuming she becomes George V's queen in 1830, would probably be known as either Queen Louisa–one of her other names–or as another Queen Charlotte, yet another one of her names) in order to get the alliance.

Secondly:
I like the idea of a match between William and Alexandra (who would be known as Charlotte or her nickname Lottchen here; she only took the name Alexandra when she married Nicholas I), but I honestly don't think it's realistic at all. It's not exactly ASB, but it's highly, highly unlikely to occur. Even though Nicholas was, at that point, only second in line for Russia's throne like William would be for Britain's throne after his father and older brother, Nicholas had a very strong chance at becoming Emperor since his brother that was currently reigning and the brother ahead of him were both childless. William, on the other hand, is a second son almost certainly destined for a career in the military, and his brother would already be married and possibly have a child by the time the proposed marriage between him and Lottchen would take place. And Lottchen was the eldest daughter of the King of Prussia. There is the family connection there, but other than that, I don't really see why Frederick William III would marry his eldest daughter off to the second son of a British monarch when he could wed her to a man with a good chance at being a future Russian emperor. Frederick William would definitely value improving/keeping up relations with Russia more than he would value keeping up relations with Britain; his desire to improve relations with Russia is part of why the marriage between Nicholas and Lottchen was proposed in the first place. And, on top of all that, Lottchen and Nicholas genuinely fell in love with each other during their courtship, so the marriage ended up being a love match as much as it was a political alliance. A better match for William would be Lottchen's younger sister, Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (b. 1803), or butterflying away the death of Charlotte Princess Royal and Frederick I of Württemberg's daughter (stillborn 1798) along with the death of George I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen and Luise Eleonore of Hohenlohe-Langenburg's third daughter (stillborn 1796). An English match for William could also be engineered.

Thirdly:
A match between Amelia and Oscar is another one that I personally think could be interesting, but don't believe is realistic at all. Again, it isn't ASB territory, but IIRC, Oscar's father specifically chose Oscar's potential brides because they had connections to Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian royalty or nobility, since that would help legitimize the Bernadotte dynasty that had just been established and also potentially help with Charles John's goal of eventually uniting all of the Scandinavian nations. A better match for Amelia, IMO, could be her cousin, Charles II, Duke of Brunswick (b. 1804). There is an age gap there, but Charles spent a good portion of his early life in England, and he was put under George IV's guardianship, and I think George would potentially use this match to try and gain control of, or at least have a good deal of influence over Brunswick's Duchy. IIRC, there was a bit of a dispute between George and Charles over Charles's reign in Brunswick once he reached his majority, so you can work that into this, too. (I think that Caroline would also end up encouraging this match, which would probably be one of the very few things George and Caroline would agree on.)

A few other things I can think of off the top of my head:
  • George III and Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz are both overjoyed at having three new (legitimate) grandchildren, which secures the Hanoverian succession even more than Charlotte's birth did. Both definitely serve as godparents for the triplets.
  • Caroline probably gets somewhat better treatment here than she did IOTL since she'll be the mother of a future King here. Not sure how much better the treatment would be, though; it just wouldn't be as bad as it was IOTL.
  • Continuing with the time-honored tradition of the eldest sons of the House of Hanover's kings having difficult relationships with their father (George III being the one exception since his father died when he was eleven), I imagine that George IV and George V would not get along.
  • As I said earlier, Prince William probably has a military career.
  • With George IV having a surviving son that erases Victoria's reign, the personal union between Britain and Hanover stays put.
    • Maybe Hanover ends up as part of the Commonwealth of Nations ITTL, assuming that it ends up existing at all. With the personal union between Britain and Hanover still in place, it's unlikely that Hanover will be annexed by Prussia, which stops it from being absorbed into the German Empire (also assuming that still happens here), etc. If not, Hanover could try and gain independence from Britain sometime in the late 19th century, or any time during the 20th. Sky's the limit here, TBH.
  • Queen Victoria might be butterflied out of existence here - IIRC, the only reason her father and mother were married in the first place is since Charlotte's early death caused a succession crisis, and it put pressure on her father and his other brothers to marry and have children. With George IV having four surviving children, one of whom is about to be married and another who is married with a newborn son (assuming Charlotte and baby's deaths are butterflied away here), that wouldn't be necessary at all.
    • Maybe Albert marries one of George V's daughters here instead? Or Leopold and Charlotte have a daughter in the future, and Albert marries her. Both are possibilities I can see happening since the blood relations are still there.
    • If the Duke and Duchess of Kent do still end up marrying for some reason, Victoria might end up married to George V's eldest surviving son. So, maybe we will see a Queen Victoria here, but it'll be as a Queen Consort instead of a Queen Regnant. She could also marry one of William's sons.
  • On that subject, OTL Leopold II of Belgium is (thankfully, mercifully) also butterflied out of existence, since presumably, Charlotte and her baby with Leopold don't die here.
Wow thank you, I love your answer's length and detail! George IV and V will clash like hell, definitely, I don't see why William is going to be in the military, though, because he'll be needed until his brother pops out a few kids. Victoria could still be the wife of one of the princes but that's unlikely. Caroline could fight for her daughter to be named after her because she gave birth to the damn kid. I knew the matches were going to be near ASB tbh, just...thank you :)

Wow thank you, I love your answer's length and detail! George IV and V will clash like hell, definitely, I don't see why William is going to be in the military, though, because he'll be needed until his brother pops out a few kids. Victoria could still be the wife of one of the princes but that's unlikely. Caroline could fight for her daughter to be named after her because she gave birth to the damn kid. I knew the matches were going to be near ASB tbh, just...thank you :)
You’re very welcome! I’m always happy to help; it’s good to see a what-if about the House of Hanover on here! But I absolutely can see Caroline fighting for her name, haha. Baby names probably end up being one of the many, many things George and Caroline would argue over, lol.

But to clarify, the reason that I said William is likely going into the military is because I’m fairly certain that by this point in British history, it was somewhat common for most (if not all) of the younger sons of the monarch to have a military career. For example, all of George III’s sons that survived to adulthood (so all of William’s paternal uncles) had either Army or Naval careers except for the Duke of Sussex. If you go back even further, George III’s three younger brothers that lived to adulthood all had military careers as well, and even further than that, George II’s only other son that survived to adulthood–William Augustus, the Duke of Cumberland, AKA Butcher Cumberland–also had a military career. So, while it isn’t a for sure thing that William would go into the military, there is a very strong likelihood that he would end up having a military career, too.

You’re very welcome! I’m always happy to help; it’s good to see a what-if about the House of Hanover on here! But I absolutely can see Caroline fighting for her name, haha. Baby names probably end up being one of the many, many things George and Caroline would argue over, lol.

But to clarify, the reason that I said William is likely going into the military is because I’m fairly certain that by this point in British history, it was somewhat common for most (if not all) of the younger sons of the monarch to have a military career. For example, all of George III’s sons that survived to adulthood (so all of William’s paternal uncles) had either Army or Naval careers except for the Duke of Sussex. If you go back even further, George III’s three younger brothers that lived to adulthood all had military careers as well, and even further than that, George II’s only other son that survived to adulthood–William Augustus, the Duke of Cumberland, AKA Butcher Cumberland–also had a military career. So, while it isn’t a for sure thing that William would go into the military, there is a very strong likelihood that he would end up having a military career, too.
Ah true. ITTL Caroline won't be divorced but do you think she will simply move away and just see her children from time to time? Will Maria Fitzherbert take over as stepmother?

It’s not a completely ASB, although maybe two sets of twins would be more reasonable, (with the second twins being born after an inebriated Prince George, wanders in her chamber) looking like this.

Working progress
1. Charlotte, (1796-1851) m. 1816*, William II, King of the Netherlands (1792-1849) [1]
1) Wilhelmina Caroline (1817–1880)​
2) William III, King of the Netherlands (1818–1873)​
3) Prince George(1820–1879)​
4) Princess Marianne (1821-1822)
5) Prince Frederick (1823-1883)​
6) Princess Paulina (1824–1897)​
7) Princess Charlotte (1827-1888)​
2. George V of Great Britain (1796-1870) m. 1816*, Grand Duchess Anna Pavlovna of Russia (1796-1865)
1) George VI, King of Great Britain (1817–1890)​
2) Prince Frederick, Duke of Cumberland (1818–1847)​
3) Prince William "the Admiral", Duke of Southampton (1819–1880).​
4) Prince Alexander, Duke of Peterborough (1822 –1888)​
5) Princess Anne (1824–1899).​
3. Mary, Queen of Prussia (1797-1855) m. 1816* Frederick William IV, King of Prussia (1795–1861)
4. Prince Frederick, Duke of Kent and Ross (1797-1877) m. 1816*, Princess and Landgravine Marie of Hesse-Kassel (1796–1880)

* 1816, became famous for the four weddings, with the marriages being discussed by the Four Great Powers, Britain, Russia, Austria and Prussia wanted to use them as symbols of the alliance created after the Congress of Vienna.

[1] In 1814, William was engaged to Princess Charlotte of Wales, arranged by the Prince Regent.
(But IOTL it was broken off because Charlotte's mother was against the marriage and because Charlotte did not want to move to the Netherlands)
ITTL, with her not being the only child and sole heir to Prince Regent, Charlotte, doesn’t have a choice.
Also Leopold at this point in time was the youngest son of Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and Countess Augusta of Reuss-Ebersdorf, the duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld was tiny and insignificant for a Princess to marry into. Where as, for a consort of a Queen it meant there was no unification of another foreign nation.
The couple had a very loving marriage and having Dutch doctors around her, Charlotte is able to survive childbirth and produce heir, spares and daughters.
I mean, triplets isn't too ASB, two sets of twins could work though. Out of curiosity why exactly would Charlotte have a loving marriage if IOTL she desperately did NOT want to marry him, and why would "Mary" marry Frederick IV?

Ah true. ITTL Caroline won't be divorced but do you think she will simply move away and just see her children from time to time? Will Maria Fitzherbert take over as stepmother?

I think that Caroline would probably stay in Britain here, definitely living in a separate house as George. IOTL, members of Caroline’s and Charlotte’s households arranged secret meetings between the two during periods where George barred the two from seeing each other, so this also probably happens here. Maybe she’ll go abroad for a trip at some point, but I don’t think she would be gone for years on end in virtual exile like she was OTL.

I think that Caroline would probably stay in Britain here, definitely living in a separate house as George. IOTL, members of Caroline’s and Charlotte’s households arranged secret meetings between the two during periods where George barred the two from seeing each other, so this also probably happens here. Maybe she’ll go abroad for a trip at some point, but I don’t think she would be gone for years on end in virtual exile like she was OTL.
Why do meetings need to be secret? George can't bar them from seeing each other, especially since Caroline here has birthed his much desired son

I mean, triplets isn't too ASB, two sets of twins could work though. Out of curiosity why exactly would Charlotte have a loving marriage if IOTL she desperately did NOT want to marry him, and why would "Mary" marry Frederick IV?
Statistically speaking, I’m pretty sure that two sets of twins is more ASB territory than a set of triplets. Even though the odds of having one pair of twins is one in 250, I recall reading somewhere that having a second pair of twins is like, a one in 70,000 odds? Meanwhile, having triplets is a one in 10,000 thing. The 70,000 thing could be identical twins, though; it’s been a while so I don’t remember it.

Why do meetings need to be secret? George can't bar them from seeing each other, especially since Caroline here has birthed his much desired son
Well, George actually did bar Caroline and Charlotte from seeing each other during some periods OTL, which is where the basis for this comes from. He wouldn’t want Caroline having much influence over their sons, so George probably wouldn’t allow her to see the children without the presence of another family member, nurse or governess–something that also happened OTL. Like I said in my original reply, Caroline’s getting somewhat better treatment ITTL because she birthed a future King. But the extent of the better treatment would not be that grand–she wouldn’t be untouchable or anything like that, except in the sense that George can’t attempt to divorce her without compromising their children. Remember, George and Caroline still have that extreme mutual dislike for each other going on, triplets or not. So while Caroline isn’t going to be semi-exiled and the Delicate Investigation isn’t happening (and neither is the Pains and Penalties Bill), George would definitely still take the steps he took IOTL to make sure that Caroline doesn’t have any influence or say in their children’s upbringing. Including limiting the amount of contact that she has with their children. Them having more children wouldn’t change that.

Well, George actually did bar Caroline and Charlotte from seeing each other during some periods OTL, which is where the basis for this comes from. He wouldn’t want Caroline having much influence over their sons, so George probably wouldn’t allow her to see the children without the presence of another family member, nurse or governess–something that also happened OTL. Like I said in my original reply, Caroline’s getting somewhat better treatment ITTL because she birthed a future King. But the extent of the better treatment would not be that grand–she wouldn’t be untouchable or anything like that, except in the sense that George can’t attempt to divorce her without compromising their children. Remember, George and Caroline still have that extreme mutual dislike for each other going on, triplets or not. So while Caroline isn’t going to be semi-exiled and the Delicate Investigation isn’t happening (and neither is the Pains and Penalties Bill), George would definitely still take the steps he took IOTL to make sure that Caroline doesn’t have any influence or say in their children’s upbringing. Including limiting the amount of contact that she has with their children. Them having more children wouldn’t change that.
Before George becomes king, Caroline can petition to the king and queen for more time, no?

Before George becomes king, Caroline can petition to the king and queen for more time, no?
Probably. IIRC, George’s father really liked Caroline, so she’d probably be able to try and petition to get more time with their children. After George becomes Regent, though, it’ll be left almost entirely up to him.

Oh I know that Triplets isn’t ASB as I said in my post I just thought twins were more likely.
IOTL she didn’t want to marry him as she didn’t want to leave Britain as she saw herself as the future Queen of Britain but here she lower down the succession order.
At birth she was third in line, she is third behind, her father and twin brother. A year later, she is fourth behind her second brother.
She knows she won’t be given away to a British nobility as she is too valuable for an alliance.

The reason for Mary is this:
His distaste for Caroline, even when she gives him male heir and spare, still won’t change, some historians believe Mary is in honour of his morganatic wife, Marie Anne Fitzherbert, while others support the idea she is named after being born on 25th March (Lady Day) as well as the last two Queens of England with her full name Mary Anne.
The arrangement for the marriages were done during the Congress of Vienna and for the fact that the Protestant kingdoms didn’t want Frederick to marry a Catholic bride (IOTL he married Elisabeth Ludovika of Bavaria after she converted, where as here there is a more eligible bride)

Oh I know that Triplets isn’t ASB as I said in my post I just thought twins were more likely.
IOTL she didn’t want to marry him as she didn’t want to leave Britain as she saw herself as the future Queen of Britain but here she lower down the succession order.
At birth she was third in line, she is third behind, her father and twin brother. A year later, she is fourth behind her second brother.
She knows she won’t be given away to a British nobility as she is too valuable for an alliance.

The reason for Mary is this:
His distaste for Caroline, even when she gives him male heir and spare, still won’t change, some historians believe Mary is in honour of his morganatic wife, Marie Anne Fitzherbert, while others support the idea she is named after being born on 25th March (Lady Day) as well as the last two Queens of England with her full name Mary Anne.
The arrangement for the marriages were done during the Congress of Vienna and for the fact that the Protestant kingdoms didn’t want Frederick to marry a Catholic bride (IOTL he married Elisabeth Ludovika of Bavaria after she converted, where as here there is a more eligible bride)
OK true. Thank you for answering

Do we think that Caroline now has the power to get Fitzherbert "taken away"
Sadly not. IOTL even as the mother of Charlotte, Caroline had no power or influence as shown by her shun at George’s coronation or Charlotte being raised away from her.

As I said, the four births will take their toll on her as well as life away from her children.