Una diferente ‘Plus Ultra’ - the Avís-Trastámara Kings of All Spain and the Indies (Updated 11/7)

Hey, I was reading about the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs, and I was wondering if this tl tenochtitlan could maintain its original aesthetic character apart from the changes that later turned it into Mexico City. It seems that the belief that it was razed after the Spanish and the tlazcalan allies entered isn't true, but an exaggeration. Tenochtitlan was such a unique city that it turning the way it did is very sad to me

Hey, I was reading about the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs, and I was wondering if this tl tenochtitlan could maintain its original aesthetic character apart from the changes that later turned it into Mexico City. It seems that the belief that it was razed after the Spanish and the tlazcalan allies entered isn't true, but an exaggeration. Tenochtitlan was such a unique city that it turning the way it did is very sad to me
I don't see that possible. The spaniards were just looking for gold and evangelism... Also they viewed their new conquered states as part of Spain itself, so they would try to make it as similar as possible to their homeland. That doesn't mean that the city can be improved and better built years later.

I don't see that possible. The spaniards were just looking for gold and evangelism... Also they viewed their new conquered states as part of Spain itself, so they would try to make it as similar as possible to their homeland. That doesn't mean that the city can be improved and better built years later.
Yeah, I agree for the most part, but I meant more like the defining features like its native flora, turning the temples into grand cathedrals, and the lake, which was done by the Spanish because of their inability to properly control flooding and their view that it made the city unnecessarily defensible.

While I know the whole point of this TL is supposed to be a Spanish wank where not being ruled by the Habsburgs helps Spain immensely, I can't help but wonder if their fall would be just as great as their rise too similar to OTL.

is this TL dead?
See below:
Sorry about the prolonged absence, everyone. One of the reasons I've been disengaged from this TL for so long is because I've decided to go full-steam ahead with a redux. On account of knowing more about this time period later on than I did when I started this TL, I've felt like I gave the first half of the 16th century short thrift for years, and also unfortunately decided to play it safe with the butterflies in the past. I've especially been unhappy about the direction I took the Americas and the lack of attention I gave the Italian Wars. After reading some exceptional early modern TLs (which I've listed below) that have been made since I started this TL, I felt inspired to give "Una diferente 'Plus Ultra'" a much needed and long overdue face-lift. I can't promise its release any time in the near future, but it is coming.

No need to worry about this TL being changed in some way that would make it lose its general appeal or turn it into a fundamentally different story:
  • Portugal, Castile, and Aragon are still going to be united under Miguel da Paz
  • Miguel da Paz, Juan Pelayo, and Gabriel are still going to be the first three rulers of a united Spain
  • This Spain is still going to subjugate Mexico and Peru
  • This Spain is still going to colonize South Africa
  • The Great Turkish War and its lead-up will remain almost completely unchanged
  • England is still going to stay Catholic
  • Much of the Reformation and its most important players will remain the same
  • Etc etc etc
Anyway, here are the standout TLs I had mentioned earlier:
@DrakeRlugia - Anno Obumbratio: A 16th Century Alternate History
@Zulfurium - Their Cross to Bear: An Alternate Reformation Timeline
@BlueFlowwer - The Grand Duchy of the West - A Valois-Burgundian TL
@RedAquilla - Cessa o Nevoeiro: O Surgir do Quinto Império - A Portuguese Timeline