Impact on republicanism in the US doesn't exist?

Hello! Basically, my question is about what the impact of a failed/no American Revolution would have on the development of republican politics during the 19th and 20th centuries. Because you know, after the French Revolution failed, there was (apart from tiny Switzerland) still a big shining example of a republic functioning in the form of the US overseas. I know there will be butterphiles, and I'm not sure about a POD, but just assume that something like the French Revolution still plays out and is eventually crushed. How do things play out from there?

Thanks!

The republics formed following the Spanish revolution were pretty oligarchic or dictatorial. The Netherlands was technically a republic, but it was really an oligarchic kingdom in all but name

Without a successful democratic* republic, either monarchism, or lifetime/very long term presidential republics might be the norm

*for the time, anyway

Where do 20th century post-colonial republics like the post-Raj India(s)* or the Cape Republic, or post-revolutionary republics fit?

*assuming Britain leaves the Raj even with America

Without a US would a post-colonial democratic republic operate along a parliamentary model like OTL India? Or one that incorporates princely states and traditional kings?

Last edited:
Where do 20th century post-colonial republics like the post-Raj India(s)* or the Cape Republic, or post-revolutionary republics fit?

*assuming Britain leaves the Raj even with America

Without a US would a post-colonial democratic republic operate along a parliamentary model like OTL India? Or one that incorporates princely states and traditional kings?

World without USA would cause such enormous butteflies that such question is impossible to answer. There just is not clear answer and it could go to many ways. Many colonies might too remain keep/restore their native monarchy.

World without USA would cause such enormous butteflies that such question is impossible to answer. There just is not clear answer and it could go to many ways. Many colonies might too remain keep/restore their native monarchy.
Yeah you can write it in any direction.
Decades of Darkness had British kings in exile as kings of the colonies as Kingdoms