Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ca3.jpg

a mad max schoolbus?

those sites were funny, the russian tractor with lada cab looks practical (considering russian weather in winter)
whoever cut up that citroen DS needs to drawn and quartered though, a crime against art.

Last edited:
That central 128mm gun on the Ratte looks way smaller than I imagined it would.

That's only because the rest of the Ratte is so enormous! Any 128mm AT gun next to two 280mm Naval Rifles is always going to look a bit on the puny side. The 128mm is nevertheless also in 1/35 scale and comes from a Tamiya Jagdtiger. :)

I've always wondered, how do you draw the AH AFV's?

As in do you use Microsoft Paint or something along those lines.
I use the paint tools that came with my computer. I'll copy some line drawings of tanks I've found on the interwebby and then mix-n-match different segments and also draw on new ones.
I'm sure anyone could do it and the more you do it, the better you get at it.

Driftless

Donor
a mad max schoolbus?

those sites were funny, the russian tractor with lada cab looks practical (considering russian weather in winter)
whoever cut up that citroen DS needs to drawn and quartered though, a crime against art.

Here's a near comparison from Canada - an old Columbia Glacier tour bus

brewster_527.jpg

I've always wondered, how do you draw the AH AFV's?

As in do you use Microsoft Paint or something along those lines.

I use the paint tools that came with my computer. I'll copy some line drawings of tanks I've found on the interwebby and then mix-n-match different segments and also draw on new ones.
I'm sure anyone could do it and the more you do it, the better you get at it.

Just as Cortz#9 says. Although I would add that keeping things in scale helps when you are trying to make your new design look as realistic as possible. A shrunken Tiger turret on a Panzer I hull is always going to look wrong! :p

Just as Cortz#9 says. Although I would add that keeping things in scale helps when you are trying to make your new design look as realistic as possible. A shrunken Tiger turret on a Panzer I hull is always going to look wrong! :p
Very true but if you then shrink the gun down, you can come up with something pretty cool. :cool:;)

teeger i.jpg

Found this interesting pic but unfortunately there was no info about it. Anyone here know anything about it? Is it real or photoshop?

German Tanks.jpg

It looks photshopped to me. Well the bottom one anyways.
Yeah it could be but then again I wonder if its an experimental tank with adjustable suspension, the Germans were experimenting with this during the war. Maybe this is a post war continuation of that.

I think that is the XM-70 tank
It was an experimental vehicle for the US & Germany
It had variable suspension so it could lower the vehicle height
There was no crew in the hull - the driver was in the turret
The gun was an improved version (with a longer barrel) of the 150mm? weapon used in the Sheridan light tank

I think that is the XM-70 tank
It was an experimental vehicle for the US & Germany
It had variable suspension so it could lower the vehicle height
There was no crew in the hull - the driver was in the turret
The gun was an improved version (with a longer barrel) of the 150mm? weapon used in the Sheridan light tank
Interesting. I knew the Germans experimented with adjustable or as you put it variable suspension during the war and wondered if the tank in the pic was a continuation of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.