Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

Splendid update, Mr. President. Shame on Ted Kennedy stepping down from Senate Majority Whip, but Realpolitik demands must be met, and Hillary becoming a Representative rather than becoming a Senator first is interesting.

Great job on how politicians on both sides of the aisle, who in our original timeline either had a bland career or were one of the "great has been," could properly rise to national fame and be more influential. Maybe Mario Cuomo and Mike Dukakis could attain their dream of becoming the occupants of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in this timeline. I certainly also notice that the "Rising Stars" of the GOP in this timeline are Romney or Bush Republicans, those moderates who, in our timeline, are marginalized or sidelined by an increasingly conservative national party.
Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed.

My goal is definitely to showcase some OTL figures who, under different circumstances, could have played a far bigger role in national politics. With the GOP trending more moderate for a longer period of time, I think it only makes sense for their "rising stars" to fit that mold. While conservatism is going to have its long awaited comeback at some point (I know, I keep alluding to this/foreshadowing it), what exactly that conservatism looks like will be different ITTL.

Honestly, I think the fact that Ford opposed busing will likely be seen as more of a positive considering the negative impacts of it.
Considering that some Democrats, like famed Cold War Liberal Scoop Jackson and moderate Joe Biden (yes, Biden), also opposed desegregation busing, yes, I agree with you. Given the time period, it would not be that controversial, but still a baggage nevertheless.

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed.

My goal is definitely to showcase some OTL figures who, under different circumstances, could have played a far bigger role in national politics. With the GOP trending more moderate for a longer period of time, I think it only makes sense for their "rising stars" to fit that mold. While conservatism is going to have its long awaited comeback at some point (I know, I keep alluding to this/foreshadowing it), what exactly that conservatism looks like will be different ITTL.
Ahh, I see, so the "compassionate conservatism" form rather than the OTL "Fire and Brimstone" and "Screw the Poor" forms of conservatism could be the driving force of the GOP in this timeline.

I had a question, Mr. President. With tax revenue greatly increasing in the early 1980s given the success of "Kennedy-nomics" and the Democrats securing majorities in both houses of Congress, will the RFK administration now implement their campaign promise of a Second New Deal? Perhaps upgrading and expanding both the federal highway and railway networks, passing a stimulus package favoring small to medium-sized businesses, passing a law that established a federal minimum wage that dictated that the minimum wage would be raised to the federal average nationwide and that social security doles should match, expanding labor and trade union rights, passing new antitrust legislation, and starting the complete reorganization of the education sector—that much-needed reform?

Will wait to read up on Mexico, even if I know little to nothing on Mexican politics.
Great update, great way to show obscure figures on both sides. Hillary becoming a Congresswoman, nice.