As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Horton Hears a Who (2008 Film)
  • maxresdefault.jpg

Horton Hears a Who
    Released on June 28, 2008

Distributors
    Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing (North America)
    Paramount Pictures (International)

CGI animation produced by
    PDI DreamWorks

Main Voices
    Same as OTL

Notes
    ITTL, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, which oversees the Theodor Geisel estate, owns the songs that were used in the 1970 Chuck Jones/MGM version.
    Paramount Pictures plans to reissue the 1970 version through Limited Run to cash in on the hype of this remake.​

Sound Bites for June 2008
  • Sound Bites for June 2008

Blanche Boudreaux on Columbia-TriStar moving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to the front of the pipeline:

"Peacock came to me and said they were trying to get in touch with the Walt Kelly estate to bring Pogo back to TV. They wanted to have me be the animation supervisor and cast Gus to be the voice of Pogo. I turned it down because I only knew of the property from old Dell comic books that Uncle Andre saved from his childhood. Rachel Stone-Abbott wanted me to join her at Legendary because her niece had an idea for a show about these space warrior chicks named after different diamonds. When I told Bruce Timm and Clive Smith about these offers, they both went to Michael Uslan and convinced him to double my salary to stay here."

Joyce Chung on her role as Director of Community Outreach for the Mighty Ducks of San Diego
    "Basically, my job is to keep the franchise active in the community. One day, I'll make the arrangements for some of the players to visit Rady Children's Hospital, the Ronald McDonald House and local schools. Another day, we'll collaborate with the Chargers on their annual blood drive. We emphasize underserved neighborhoods when opening up roller and ice hockey rinks for the Boys & Girls Clubs and YMCA's throughout the county. We collaborate with the San Diego Regional Center and local nonprofits to provide complementary tickets for fans on the autism spectrum."

"When I travel with Tiffany for road games, we'll hire a babysitter to help us with Lex. While some teams still fly commercially, we have our own plane. Since taking over for her dad, Tiff has arranged for the players and everyone else in our traveling party to have their TSA screenings at our practice facility. Then, we take buses to Lindbergh Field to board our plane. My job on each flight is to have the players vote for the in-flight movie. I usually sit next to Tiff. When we get to our seats, we put our diaper bag in the overhead compartment and we play rock-paper-scissors to decide who gets the aisle and window seats. Every player gets first class treatment on our plane with purple and teal leather seats. We also have Atari consoles to keep players occupied during flights. We have a full-time nutritionist on our staff to help prepare meals for each flight."

"When we land in each city, we have backup diapers shipped to Tiffany's hotel room by FedEx. Our team's hotel lodging is arranged during the schedule-making process in the offseason. Tiff prefers to have our hotel be as close to the arena as possible. Each game, both home and away, Tiff and I each bring about twelve or fourteen diapers to the arena, thrice what we'll really use, in case a game goes into overtime or a shootout. We bring the extra pairs with us to wear on the next flight."

"During the offseason, because we're the hometown team and because of the Disney heritage of our organization, we're the only NHL franchise to have a presence at San Diego Comic Con. Only the World League of American Football has a bigger Comic Con presence thanks to nerd-friendly marketing."

World Bowl XX (2008 sporting event)
  • World Bowl XX
    Held on June 28, 2008
    Venue: Liberty Bowl; Memphis, Tennessee
    TV: UPN
    Announcers: Ernie Johnson and Michael Strahan
    Studio anchors: Fred Hickman, Jimmie Johnson, Ronnie Lott and Terry Crews
    Sidelines: Michael Barkann and Fran Charles

The Jacksonville Tomcats, two seasons removed from their arrival from St. Louis, upset the heavily favored Baltimore Ravens to represent North America in this game.

Over in Europe, the Battle of Britain saw the London Monarchs humiliate the Scottish Claymores in front of a sold out Hampden Park.

Beale Street, Libertyland and Graceland each saw a huge boost in tourism as a result of fans from both Jacksonville and London traveling to the Memphis area for the World Bowl. Even the logo for World Bowl XX was patterned after neon signage typical of the Beale Street music venues.

Of course, Terrell Owens being TO, demanded the ball every down. As a result, London was able to keep him covered on most passing downs.

The Monarchs would go on to win 28 to 10. The MVP was Monarchs receiver and British native Marvin Allen.

Meet Edmundo Santos
  • OIP.7mPqHNmC_20uqfHIuG5pbgHaIn
    Edmundo Santos (1902-1994), just like IOTL, translated countless Disney classics into Spanish for theatrical releases throughout Mexico and most of Latin America. His son Edmundo, Jr. provided the Spanish voice of Roo in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966).

NOTABLE SPANISH DUBS
    Blanca Nieves y los Siete Enanos (Late 1930's)
    Pinocho (Early 1940's; Pinocchio)
    Fantasia (Early 1940's; Deems Taylor's narration filmed for the Spanish version with Carlos Villarias in Taylor's place)
    La Cenicienta (Early 1950's; Cinderella)
    La Dama y el Vagabundo (1956; Lady and the Tramp)
    El Conejo Pedro (1958)
    Alicia en el pais de Maravillas (1970)
    Hansel y Gretel (1972)
    Robin Hood (1974)
    La Bella y la Bestia (1976)
    La Guerra de las Galaxias (1978; Star Wars: A New Hope)
    Bernardo y Bianca (1978; The Rescuers)
    Rapunzel (1980)

La Reina de las Nieves (1981; The Snow Queen)
    El Secreto de NIMH (1982)
    ET: El Extraterrestre (1983)

El Libro de la Selva (1985; The Jungle Book)

Notable Spanish dubs by Santos' longtime assistant Francisco Colmonero
    Lamu (1984; Urusei Yatsura)
    El Conejo Roger (1988; Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Tortugas Ninjas
    (1990; First TMNT movie)

Little Jimmy Throws a Fit
  • June 30, 2008
    Madison Square Garden Holdings board meeting.

OIP.JRCMUfYpE90So_35ehNItAHaFk

James Dolan
    (Owner; New York Rangers and New York Knicks)

"Gentlemen, I just don't get it. The Rangers represent the largest media market in America. And yet, so many NHL free agents are lining up to play for those [redacted] down in San Diego for a team named after a [redacted] Disney movie. What does Tiffany have that I don't? I mean, besides tits, a vagina, a hot Asian wife and a good excuse to wear diapers past age 2?"

Board Member 1
    "Jimmy, you realize Ms. Disney and her franchise has helped bring more eyeballs to the NHL and helped the league leapfrog over Major League Baseball the past few years?"

James Dolan
    "I'll give her that. But how come every year her team comes to Madison Square Garden, she gets asked for autographs and I don't?"

Board Member 2
    "Dude, are you kidding me??!! Tiffany is widely considered an inspiration to those on the autism spectrum and to the LGBT community around the world. In most cases when a Ranger fan introduces their child to Ms. Disney at our arena, it is often because they have a child who happens to have Asperger's like she does, or another form of autism. Other times, it's usually someone who happens to be gay, lesbian, etc. and look to her as a beacon of hope for LGBT advancement in professional sports."

Board Member 3
    "And another thing, Jim. Everytime the Knicks get embarrassed on national television - which is all the time nowadays - you always sulk in your courtside chair with your arms crossed. Tiffany has always tried to be friendly with you every time her team visits us. You push her away and you call her and Joyce horrible names behind their backs. And most of all, our struggles on the ice are no reason for you to be grouchy as fuck."​

Hancock (2008 Movie)
  • R.9d50e317755101d0f8dcef1eabd940d7

Hancock
    Released by Carolco through Warner Bros. on July 2, 2008

Cast and Crew
    Same as OTL

Notes
    - ITTL, Hancock was released with an R rating instead of a T.
    - Despite mixed reviews, Warner Bros. was satisfied enough wih the box office numbers to fast track a sequel.​

Entertainment News for Early July 2008
  • Entertainment News for Early July 2008

An Audi “Carpool Karaoke” commercial that aired during the Stanley Cup Finals featuring Devon Sawa and the Sedin twins has now reached 55 million views on YouTube.
    - ESPN

Paramount Pictures confirms they will announce further details on the much anticipated Tom and Jerry crossovers at San Diego Comic Con later this month.
    - Cartoon Brew

At San Diego Comic Con, Johanna Thomas, once known to 90’s kids as Jonathan Taylor Thomas, will make her first public appearance since her gender affirmation which began four and a half years ago.
    - G4 Attack of the Show

Venues for major political conventions:
    Democratic National Convention: TD Garden in Boston
    Reform Party Convention: Ford Center in Oklahoma City
    Republican National Convention: TimeWarner Cable Arena in Charlotte
    - The Washington Post

TBS-Paramount scraps plans to demolish the MGM Grand Adventures park after an intense revolt from cast members who helped save the indoor park.
    - The Las Vegas Review Journal

Lionsgate extends its current anime development deal with NBC through 2015.
    - TV Guide

Simpsons retool Tales of Springfield will be previewed at Comic Con later this month.
    - Ain’t it Cool News

Ray Spum’s infamous Heartaches series to be revived on Russian state television.
    - Pravda

Del St. Pierre already making significant progress with her weight loss journey.
    - MTV News

The Sports Page
    Tiffany Disney on leaked comments that James Dolan had made about her: “James who? Ranger fans deserve better.”
    - The Hockey News

There’s a chance that Jeff Hardy may not be able to walk again.
    - Dave Meltzer

Jeff Hardy: “I could’ve been worse. I could’ve been living in Oakland and getting into a car accident that left both me and my kid with incontinence.”
    - Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Jim Cornette: “The injuries that Jeff Hardy sustained are part of the reason we had the SAGWA strike earlier this year.”

Bob Costas: “We will not be intimidated by FART’s nonsensical and frankly hateful complaints about Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung’s hug and kiss at the end of this year’s Stanley Cup Finals.”
    - NBC Sports statement

This Just In (Early July 2008)
  • This just in...

The Screen Actors Guild Wrestlers Association (SAGWA) threatens another work stoppage in the wake of Jeff Hardy’s near fatal injuries in the ring.
    - CNN on UPN

Security has been tightened on the Warner Bros. backlot as Johanna Thomas arrives for her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, one of her first interviews since undergoing gender affirmation starting sources say in late 2003.
    - Inside Edition

Doctors say Ivy Boudreaux’s breast cancer was caught early enough where she can fully recover within the next year.
    - The Orange County Register

Del St Pierre says that the secret to her 10 pound weight loss in the last month has been intermittent fasting and the Atkins diet. Del’s physician released a statement advising her fans to consult with their own doctors before trying this diet themselves.
    - The New Orleans Times-Picayune

Entertainment News for Early July 2008 Part 2
  • Entertainment News for Early July 2008 Part 2

Breaking News:
    The Screen Actors Guild Wrestlers Association begins its second strike just five months after the first strike ended.
    - CNN on UPN

In a recent interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Johanna Thomas revealed she was gender shamed on the set repeatedly by former Home Improvement costar Tim Allen. At the time, Thomas felt extremely uncomfortable reporting these incidents to us due to fear of retaliation. This is unfortunate, and we cannot tolerate a repeat occurrence of these terrible incidents.
    - Statement from Brian Henson

This Just In (July 11, 2008)
  • @WB18

Excerpt from SportsCenter (July 11, 2008)

Stuart Scott: For more on the Broncos' big offseason move, let's take you Bob Iger in the Mile High City...

0x0.jpg

Bob Iger
    (Owner; Denver Broncos)

"Today, I am proud to announce the free agent signing of Kliff Kingsbury, the former Texas Tech quarterback and winner of two consecutive World Bowls with the Arizona Wranglers. Since the retirement of longtime Bronco icon John Elway, our franchise has been unable to reach the playoffs in seven of the last eight years. As part of our acquisition of Kingsbury, we will gladly compensate the Arizona Wrangler organization and the World League if need be."

kliff-kingsbury.jpg

Kliff Kingsbury
    (New Broncos quarterback)

"I'm certainly gonna miss playing in front of the fans in Tucson. While I was there, it was pointed out in the press that I got more endorsements than anybody on the Diamondback roster...which I don't apologize for honestly. After our unexpected early playoff exit, Bruce Arians wanted me to join him on the Sorcerers. But with Leftwich and Garrard still on the St. Louis roster, Iger, Elway and Mike Shanahan offered me a chance to start right away here in Denver."​

This Just In (July 12, 2008)
  • Gayle King (CBS News)
    "Last night, Comedy Central's parent company Bally's, Inc released this statement..."

"In light of recent revelations of Tim Allen's transphobic bullying of Johanna Thomas (then known as Jonathan Taylor Thomas) on the set of Home Improvement during production of the last three seasons, we are postponing Comedy Central's broadcast of Tim's stand up special that was supposed to air on July 17. This postponement will only be temporary until The Jim Henson Company is able to appoint outside counsel to properly investigate these incidents."

Batman: Year Two (2008 Film)
  • Heath-Ledger-as-the-Joker-in-The-Dark-Knight.jpg

Batman: Year Two
    Released by Columbia Pictures on July 18, 2008

Directed by
    Darren Aronofsky

Screenplay by
    David S. Goyer
    Darren Aronofsky
    Grant Morrison

Based upon characters created by
    Bob Kane
    Bill Finger
    Jerry Robinson

Executive Producers
    Amy Pascal
    Michael E. Uslan

Music by
    Brad Fiedel

Main Cast
    Joaquin Phoenix as Bruce Wayne/Batman
    Josh Brolin as Commissioner Jim Gordon
    Liev Schreiber as Harvey Dent/Two Face
    Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth
    Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox
    Heath Ledger as the Joker
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tim Drake/Robin
    Reese Witherspoon as Vicki Vale

Notes
    Batman: Year Two borrows heavily from the OTL Dark Knight movie while introducing Robin.
    Columbia liked the box office results well enough to green light Batman: Year Three for a 2011 release.
    Batman: Year Two became the second film in 2008 to reach $1 Billion USD at the worldwide box office after Universal and Paramount's early summer hit Popeye the Sailor Man.​

Entertainment News for Mid-July 2008
  • Entertainment News for Mid-July 2008

At a press conference in Culver City, Touchstone Pictures officially introduced Patrick Warburton as the new voice of Buzz Lightyear for the third Toy Story film slated for a 2010 release.

Warburton: "I wish I had landed this part under better circumstances. But I understand why they asked me to take over. I look forward to working with Tom Hanks, John Ratzenberger, Annie Potts and so many talented stars for the third and hopefully a fourth Toy Story."

"I spoke to Jim Henson and John Lasseter earlier this week. Jim said that he wished he could've done more to help Johanna Thomas back in '96...seven...eight. But of course, Johanna didn't tell Jim or anyone else until recently, because she was afraid that her character would be written out of Home Improvement."
    - Inside Edition

Tiffany Disney: "I wish Johanna had told my Dad about her gender struggles when she made Man of the House, Tom and Huck and I'll Be Home for Christmas for our studio."
    - BVN on Fox

Devon Sawa: "I worked with Johanna on Wild America. She knew for a fact that I was a hockey fan in real life, and I still am (Go Canucks). And because of that, she was afraid I would be too macho to accept her as a trans girl. She kept her gender challenges a very dark secret from Scott Bairstow and myself for the entire shoot. I sincerely hope Tim Allen sees the error of his ways."
    - CNN on UPN

Jim Carrey: "Learning about what Johanna Thomas went through with Tim Allen on the set of Home Improvement is very disheartening. Now, I've come to realize much more clearly how the big reveal in my own movie, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, may have kept people like Johanna in the closet until now. That was why, when Warner Bros. asked me to be invovled in the reboot, I told them 'No more trans-panic gags this time.'"
    - CBS News

The Sports Page
    During an intermission at the NHL's offseason Board of Governors meetings in New York, Tennessee Titans owner Craig Leipold laid down the law.

Leipold: "I want to say something very important to the Titans fans back in Nashville. If you are one of those extreme fundamentalist lunatics out there threatening the lives of Tiffany and Joyce because of their disabilities or sexual orientation, you will be banned from Bridgestone Arena for life."
    - TSN

Stephanie McMahon of AEW preparing to recruit replacement wrestlers from outlaw promotions for the duration of the second SAGWA strike.

Entertainment News for Mid-July 2008 Part 2
  • Entertainment News for Mid-July 2008 Part 2

The Sports Page

Derrick Rose already making an impact for the Bulls in Summer League action.
    - ESPN

@WB18 @TheMatthew25
    NHL Premiere games announced:
    Glasgow (4th of October)

Mighty Ducks of San Diego (Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, Corey Perry) vs. Vancouver Canucks (Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Todd Bertuzzi, Markus Naslund, Roberto Luongo)

Prague (4th of October)
    New York Rangers (Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan Hollweg, Petr Sykora, Mike Grier) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury, Phil Kessel, Georges Laraque)

Stockholm (5th of October)
    Las Vegas Silver Knights (Shane Doan, Ilya Bryzgalov, Daniel Alfredsson, Olli Jokinen) vs. Los Angeles Kings (Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick, Scott Gomez, Evgeni Malkin)

London (5th of October)
    Buffalo Sabres (Daniel Briere, Thomas Vanek, Chris Drury, Jason Pominville) vs. San Jose Sharks (Evgeni Nabokov, Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Jonathan Cheechoo)

Berlin (6th of October)
    Ottawa Senators (Ray Emery, Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley, Denis Hamel) vs. Atlanta Flames (Jarome Iginla, Craig Conroy, Dion Phaneuf, Robyn Regehr, Mikka Kiprusoff)

Wednesday Night Hockey Doubleheader
    October 8th on SBC

Tampa Bay Lighting (Vincent Lecavalier, Steve Stamkos, Jussi Jokinen) at Washington Capitals (Alex Ovechkin, Brooks Laich, Nicklas Backstrom, Jose Theodore)
    Los Angeles Kings at Mighty Ducks of San Diego (Ring Night at Sempra Energy Center)

Face Off 2008 on NBC
    October 9th

Cleveland Moondogs (Adam Foote, Joe Sakic, Milan Hejduk) at Houston Aeros (Chris Pronger, Kari Lehtonen, Jeremy Roenick, Viktor Kozlov)
    Tennessee Titans (Pekka Rinne, David Legwand, Pavol Demitra) at Colorado Rockies (Martin Brodeur, Pavel Datsyuk, Dainius Zubrus)

2008 San Diego Comic Con
  • 2709733757_48fda7b153_b.jpg

2008 San Diego Comic Con
    Held from July 24 thru 27, 2008

Thursday
    Hall H

Steven Spielberg and George Lucas headlined a panel previewing the new Clone Wars movie, co-produced by Blue Sky and Amblin Entertainment. Also there were Heath Ledger, Ewan McGregor and Sam Jackson.

Gus St. Pierre, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Robert Patrick headline New Line Cinema's panel for Terminator 4: Salvation.

Tobin Bell headlines Lionsgate's panel for future Saw installments.

Friday
    Hilton Bayfront Hotel

FX used its inaugural ADHD panel to give attendees sneak previews of new seasons for Eddsworld, Happy Tree Friends, Homestar Runner and a teaser for the series premiere of The Newgrounds Show.

Hall H
    Universal Pictures and King Features outlined its pipeline for future follow-ups to Popeye: The Sailor Man.
    As of July 2008, the pipeline is as follows:
    - Flash Gordon (Summer 2009)
    - Mandrake the Magician (Fall 2009)
    - The Phantom (Summer 2010)
    Lothar (Spring 2011)
    - Popeye 2 (Summer 2011)
    - Defenders of the Earth (Summer 2012)
    - Dick Tracy (2013; TBD)
    - Hagar the Horrible (2013; TBD)

Universal exec Kevin Feige teases the possibility of Warren Beatty returning to direct the Dick Tracy film slated for 2013, with Josh Brolin rumored to be interested in playing the titular character.

Robert Pattinson headlines Lionsgate's panel for Twilight.

Nicolas Cage, Salma Hayek, Harvey Keitel, Mila Kunis, Jeremy Sumpter, Greg Lee, Matt Frewer and Rachel Stone-Abbott headline Disney and Legendary's panel for National Treasure 3: Edge of History, which is slated for a 2010 release.

Room 6A
    Sam Register headlines Paramount Pictures' panel for the upcoming Tom and Jerry animated crossovers with other Paramount properties such as The Wizard of Oz, Grease, Airplane!, Ghostbusters, Top Gun, Crocodile Dundee and Legally Blonde.

Dan Povenmire, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Ashley Tisdale, Mitch Musso, Thomas Sangster and Vincent Martella headline Disney's panel for Phineas and Ferb.

Saturday
    Ballroom 20

Fox gives fans a preview for new seasons of Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama and early teasers for The Cleveland Show and Tales of Springfield.

Room 6A
    Blanche Boudreaux, Lauren Faust, Bruce Timm, Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman and Tabitha St. Germain headline CBS's panel for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Kevin Eastman headlines Disney's panel for the 25th anniversary of the TMNT franchise. The official logo for the anniversary has "25th Anniversary" on top, with the bottom reading "Twenty at Disney." Also there was Trey Disney, who came to explain how his early Turtle fandom inspired his father to acquire the franchise.

Sir Daniel Abbott, Haley Joel Osment, Hayden Panettiere, David Gallagher, Tony Anselmo, Bill Farmer, Rebecca Sugar, Rachel Stone-Abbott and Devon Abbott headline Disney, Legendary and Square Enix's panel for the third season of Kingdom Hearts: The Series. The big highlight this year was a preview of Sora, Donald and Goofy entering the realm of Eddsworld. Also, to celebrate the TMNT's silver anniversary, fans finally got to see Sora drawn in the style of the 1987 TMNT series.

Hall H
    Will Vinton, Henry Selick and Dakota Fanning headline the panel for Coraline, set for a 2009 release by Disney/Fox and Laika.

Sunday
    Ballroom 20

Mighty Ducks of San Diego panel headlined by Tiffany Disney (owner), Joyce Chung (director of community outreach), Brian Burke (general manager), Randy Carlyle (head coach), Jean-Sebastien Giguere (Stanley Cup Finals MVP) and Teemu Selanne (captain). Discussed at this panel are giveaway promotions (bobbleheads, hats, backpacks, etc.) and the 2008-09 schedule. The Ducks will visit the Washington Capitals on SBC on the Wednesday Night after the presidential election. Eddsworld Night at Sempra Energy Center will take place on December 3 against the Edmonton Oilers. Kingdom Hearts Night will take place on January 30 against the Los Angeles Kings. Urusei Yatsura night returns on March 9 against the Vancouver Canucks. April 16, the last night of the regular season, will see the Mighty Ducks wear the green District 5 sweaters for TMNT night at home against the New York Rangers.​

Shezow 2 (2008 Live Action Film)
  • Shezow 2
    Released by Luxor Pictures on July 25, 2008

Directed by
    Christopher Nolan

Screenplay by
    Obie Scott Wade and the Wachowskis

Produced in association with Syncopy and Dark Horse Entertainment

Executive Producers
    Obie Scott Wade
    Mike Richardson

Music
    Don Davis

Main Cast
    Hayden Christensen as Eli Hammond/Shezow
    Lacey Chabert as Kelly Hammond
    Theodore Borders as Max Kepler
    Ben Foster as ColdFinger
    Tom Hanks as Baxter Hammond
    Rita Wilson as Trisha Hammond
    Jacquie Brennan as the voice of Sheila
    Greta Engstrom [1] as Null
    Henrik Engstrom [1] as Void
    Vincent D'Onofrio as Major Attitude

[1] Fictional actors, born as twins on February 21, 1992 in Stockholm, Sweden.

Storyline
    Major Attitude is dishonorably discharged when an investigation reveals that his cruel tactics have caused many recruits to be afflicted with PTSD during basic training. Thrown back into civilian life without resources to help him, Major Attitude takes out his anger on innocent strangers. Meanwhile, Null and Void, a pair of android twins with transdimensional powers, offer their technology to Attitude to achieve his villainous goals. Now, it's up to Shezow to avert a potential Terminator-style cyborg/human war in Megadale.

Notes
    Many critics and moviegoers found this installment much darker than the first which came out three years ago.​

Professional Ice Hockey in North America for the 2008-09 Season
  • Act

Actually what does these logos look like but ALSO what does the minor leagues like AHL & others look like?

Major LeaguesHigh Level Minor LeagueMid Level Minor LeaguesLow Level Minor Leagues
    National Hockey League (NHL)American Hockey League (AHL)East Coast Hockey League (ECHL)United Hockey League (UHL)
    International Hockey League (IHL)West Coast Hockey League (WCHL)Atlantic Coast Hockey League (ACHL)

NHL
    PacificNorthwestMidwestFrontier
    Las Vegas Silver Knights
    Los Angeles Kings
    Mighty Ducks of San Diego [1]
    San Jose Sharks
    Calgary Bandits
    Edmonton Oilers
    Seattle Thunderbirds
    Vancouver Canucks
    Chicago Blackhawks
    Milwaukee Admirals
    Minnesota North Stars
    Winnipeg Jets
    Colorado Rockies
    Houston Aeros
    Oklahoma Twisters
    St. Louis Blues
    AtlanticNortheastCentralSoutheast
    New York Islanders
    New York Rangers
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    Boston Bruins
    Montreal Canadiens
    Ottawa Senators
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Buffalo Sabres
    Cleveland Moondogs
    Detroit Red Wings
    Washington Capitals
    Atlanta Flames
    Charlotte Checkers
    Tampa Bay Lightning
    Tennessee Titans
    [1] 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions

IHL
    EastNorthSouthWest
    Baltimore Skipjacks
    Cincinnati Cyclones
    Hamilton Bulldogs
    Hartford Whalers
    New Jersey Devils
    Norfolk Fleet
    Quebec Nordiques
    Grand Rapids Griffins
    Fort Wayne Komets
    Indianapolis Racers
    Iowa Heartlanders
    Kalamazoo Wings
    Peoria Rivermen
    St. Paul Wild
    Dallas Pegasus
    Florida Panthers
    Kansas City Grillers
    Kentucky Thoroughblades
    New Orleans Revelers
    Orlando Solar Bears
    San Antonio Iguanas
    Alaska Aces
    Calgary Hitmen
    Idaho Steelheads
    Long Beach Ice Dogs
    Phoenix Roadrunners
    Portland Buckaroos
    Utah Grizzlies

AHL
    NorthNew EnglandEmpire StateCentral
    Fredricton Canadiens
    Cape Breton Oilers
    Toronto Marlies
    Belleville Senators
    Manchester Monarchs
    Maine Mariners (or Portland Pirates)
    Bridgeport Sound Tigers
    Lowell Lock Monsters
    Beast of New Haven
    Providence Bruins
    Springfield Falcons
    Worcester Ice Cats
    Adirondack Red Wings
    Albany River Rats
    BC Icemen
    Rochester Americans
    Syracuse Crunch
    Utica Comets
    Hershey Bears
    Philadelphia Phantoms
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
    Rockford Ice Hogs
    Port Huron Border Cats
    Madison Monsters

ECHLWCHL
    NorthSouthNorthSouth
    Huntington Blizzard
    Roanoke Express
    Reading Royals
    Wheeling Nailers
    Richmond Robins
    Chesapeake Icebreakers
    Lexington Men of War
    Augusta Lynx
    Florida Everblades
    Greenville Growlers
    Jacksonville Lizard Kings
    Louisiana Ice Gators
    South Carolina Stingrays
    Biloxi Sea Wolves
    Fairbanks Gold Kings
    Tacoma Sabercats
    Victoria Salmon Kings
    Colorado Springs Eagles
    Sacramento Barracuda
    Fresno Falcons
    Abbotsford Knights
    Tucson Gila Monsters
    New Mexico Scorpions
    Bakersfield Condors
    Reno Renegades
    Palm Springs Firebirds
    Chula Vista Gulls
    Prescott Sundogs

UHLACHL
    NorthSouthCoastalInland
    Saginaw Gears
    Flint Generals
    Muskegon Fury (or Lumberjacks)
    Quad City Mallards
    Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights
    Thunder Bay Thundercats
    Saskatoon Shockers
    Fargo Flurries
    Wichita Thunder
    Tulsa Oilers
    Austin Ice Bats
    El Paso Buzzards
    Topeka Scarecrows
    Arkansas Glacier Cats (Little Rock)
    Fort Worth Brahmas
    Amarillo Jackalopes
    Macon Whoopee (or Trax)
    Columbus Cottonmouths
    Cape Fear Squadron
    St. Petersburg Parrots
    Winston-Salem Polar Twins
    Asheville Dragons
    Tallahassee Tiger Sharks
    Pensacola Ice Pilots
    Birmingham Bulls
    Huntsville Channel Cats (or Rockets)
    Baton Rouge Kingfish
    Memphis Showboats
    Tupelo T-Rex
    Knoxville Speedsters
    Shreveport Mudbugs
    Lake Charles Corsairs

@WB18 @TheSquirrel @TheMatthew25 @stratonapba
    Like I said before, even though this may seem like too many teams, but more teams means more opportunities for players and coaches.

Entertainment News for Late July 2008
  • Entertainment News for Late July 2008

SAGWA Strike II: Electric Boogaloo

SAGWA strike could linger for months.

Peacock threatens to sever ties with AEW unless its chairwoman Stephanie McMahon listens to the demands of performers currently on strike. At issue is SAGWA's demand for improved access to Healthcare and retirement benefits.
    - CNN on UPN

Linda McMahon, currently running for public office, was grilled by reporters about her late husband's handling of the health and safety of performers who worked for the now defunct World Wrestling Alliance.
    - The Hartford Courant

SAGWA, currently on strike, urges the Sempra Energy Center to apply a moratorium to hosting non-union wrestling promotions, including Battle Dome Wrestling (BDW).
    - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Mayor Michael Bloomberg signs an executive order banning non-union wrestling from Madison Square Garden and other venues within the five boroughs.
    - The New York Times

Last edited:
    Entertainment News for Late July 2008 (Part 2)
  • @Sonny912
    Battle Dome Wrestling is an upstart promotion jointly operated by Ian Rotten and Vince Russo. Most of the roster consists of guys that have been plucked from outlaw promotions, many of whom will likely be new OC's added for this TL. Battle Dome is financed by Mitt Romney and Harvey Weinstein of Bain Capital.

Anyways....

Entertainment News for Late July 2008 (Part 2)

"I applaud Johanna's courage coming out in recent interviews. But on the other hand, the guilt from my inaction will take me a long time to get over."
    - Carmen Finestra; Home Improvement co-creator in a statement

"As we prepare to bring Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom back to the Cartoon Network lineup in the spring of 2009, I must reiterate that these programs were not the product of only Butch himself. They were the work of a team of artists who were just as repulsed as you are when all those incidents became public."
    - Sam Register; Head of Paramount Animation in a statement

The University of Alabama confirms that metal detectors will be installed for Johanna Thomas's visit to the campus. Thomas, once known as prominent child actor Jonathan Taylor Thomas during the 1990's, is scheduled to give a talk on September 11 outlining her [gender affirmation journey]. Chancellor Robert Witt said "I'd hate to see Jonathan...I mean Johanna...avoid our school because of the idiots making these threats. FART, Focus on the Family, One Million Moms, the Westboro Baptist Church and others who are attempting to intimidate Mister...I mean Miss Thomas...have put us in a position where these safety measures have become absolutely necessary."
    - The Tuscaloosa News

Last week at San Diego Comic Con, Universal exec Kevin Feige gave fans a sneak preview of Chris Evans in the titular role of Flash Gordon, which is scheduled for a May or June 2009 release.
    - Wizard

At Comic Con last week, New Line Cinema finally confirmed the long-circulated rumors that Chris Rock will voice Slappy in a new Goosebumps movie slated for a summer 2010 release.
    - G4 Attack of the Show

The Sports Page

The NBA Board of Governors has approved the Toronto Hogs' bid to revert to the original Toronto Dragons name following fan complaints. The Dragons' return will take effect next offseason.
    - The Toronto Star

Entertainment News for August 2008
  • Entertainment News for August 2008

Columbia-Tristar hires American McGee as a consultant for Guillermo Del Toro's version of Alice in Wonderland, which will be released in 2011.
    - Variety

Citing health and safety concerns, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa imposes a ban on non-union wrestling at all sports and entertainment venues within the city limits.
    - KTLA Local News

Roseanne Barr blames Adderall for her transphobic meltdown during a standup performance at The Improv in Washington, DC. The former sitcom headliner was booed and heckled after spending 45 minutes straight taking cheap shots at former teen heartthrob Johanna Thomas. Roseanne and Home Improvement were both prominent staples of ABC's TGIF lineup for most of the 1990's. When the crowd decided they heard enough, a riot ensued and Barr was escorted to safety by the bouncers.
    - ABC World News Tonight

Under intense pressure from SAGWA and local health officials, Mayor Gavin Newsom imposes a strict ban on non-union wrestling events at all San Francisco-area venues.
    - KGO-TV (ABC) Local News

Mayor Buddy Dyer bans non-union wrestling at Amway Arena and other Orlando-area venues.
    - WESH-TV (NBC) Local News

Mayor Oscar Goodman imposes a moratorium on non-union wrestling at Las Vegas venues for at least the next three months.
    - The Las Vegas Review-Journal

Oakland gun shop owners say they're seeing an increase of Asian-American residents buying firearms in bulk in the months since journalists exposed the Oakland PD's cover up of the 1990 vehicular manslaughter of Dennis and Helen Chung. One owner who wished to remain anonymous told us "Many Asians coming into my gun shop say they're stockpiling ammo to protect themselves and their families from the police." As a result of the FBI's investigation of the 1990 head-on collision, a former Oakland police chief and at least 40 former officers are now being charged with hate crimes in connection to the case. The only survivor of the wreck was Dennis and Helen's daughter Joyce, now 25 and the head of community outreach for the NHL's Mighty Ducks of San Diego.
    - KTVU (SBC) Local News